Kolari Municipality release 23.3
Kolari Municipality release 23.3
Kolari Municipality’s management group has updated guidelines for people in the Municipality’s area on 23 March 2020.
The municipal leaders of lapland are appealing to the Finnish Government
The municipal leaders of Lapland and the Regional Council of Lapland are appealing to the Finnish Government to take measures to close down all services that have the potential to gather up crowds, such as bars and nightclubs. At the same time, the municipal leaders appeal to domestic tourists to move their holiday plans and travel to Lapland during the next winter or autumn.
According to the municipal leaders, the government’s decision to close down such services would be the best move in the eyes of reputation management and Lapland’s tourism. The tourism sector in Lapland has already taken responsible measures and started closing down the slopes at all of the ski resorts. However, the upcoming Easter is seen as a big risk, if people start gathering to Lapland’s ski resorts.
The flow of newcomers must be stopped now and effective measures are needed. From the entrepreneur’s point of view, a statutory closure decision from the government would also be the best solution.
Grocery shopping and delivery service available for everyone in the fell-area. Deliveries are made daily to your front door. All orders are to be placed and paid mainly through a webstore.
Kolari Municipality is offering a grocery shopping service to the elderly in our area, who are being adviced to avoid contact with other people. (includes everyone over 70yrs of age).
- The grocery shopping service will be operating during the state of emergency issued in our country (18.3-13.4.2020)
- Everyone in need of this service can contact Teresa Friman tel. 040 489 5049, between Monday and Friday, from 9am to 3pm.
- All of the customers of this service have the opportunity to open an account at the store, which will be used for invoicing all of the bought items.
- For pharmaceutical needs, the customer can call the pharmacy and place their order. After doing so, call the grocery shopping service and make arrangements for a delivery. The invoice for the pharmaceutical items will be given to you upon delivery. Kolari Pharmacy tel. 040 528 5548
- Schedule for the service is as follows:
Tuesday Kolari town centre
Wednesday Northern parts of the Municipality
Thursday Southern parts of the Municipality
All orders must be placed before 3pm, a day before the delivery takes place. A service fee of 5 euros per delivery will be applied to those in the Kolari town centre area and a fee of 10 euros per delivery for the other areas. This fee will be invoiced at a later date.
The healthcare centre is operating normally and will be handling all of the non-urgent matters by telephone or the virtu.fi-service.
- Always call ahead before arriving to the healthcare centre reception. Only in the case of an emergency, is it permitted to arrive to the reception without calling first.
- Pre-booked appointments in all of the healtcare centre facilities and services will be carried out as scheduled, unless otherwise specified (see below for information about dental services).
- If you have symptoms of the flu, please do not arrive for your pre-booked appointment. Call and cancel, your appointment will be rescheduled.
The Municipality’s dental service will be rescheduling all of the non-urgent appointments, appointments where the patient has symptoms of the flu and also the appointments of people who are classified as being in the high-risk group. People concidered to be in the risk group are as follows:
People over the age of 70.
And people that have one or more of the following long-term illnesses/conditions:
- A heart condition that requires regular medication(excluding minor blood pressure related symptoms)
- A lung condition that requires medication regularly(for example those with asthma)
- Diabetes that requires medication regularly
- Chronic insuffiency of the liver and kidneys
- An illness that has a great impact on ones immune system, for example: leukaemia, lymphoma, HIV-infection
- You are receiving treatment/medication that deteriorates the immune system, for example: alpha-blockers, corticosteroid 15mg/per day for over 2-weeks, and other immune system deteriorating treatment.
- Chronic neurological disease or a neuromuscular disease
- Obiesity (BMI over 40)
- People who smoke on a daily basis
Healthy children and young adults, who suffer from one or more of the aforementioned diseases or conditions, are not concidered to be in the high risk group, if their prescribed treatment is in balance.
The municipality’s mental health services will be open for all who have questions or ponderings about the current situation: Jouni Sirkkala tel. 040 552 0772
Social services tel. 040 489 5550
The Kolari Municipality management group is actively monitoring the situation and will follow the information given out by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare THL, the Lapland Hospital District and the Finnish government.
The Kolari Municipality’s management group will meet daily by telecommunicating to monitor the situation and will keep the people of Kolari informed. Updated and newest information can be found on facebook, instagram, www.kolari.fi and the Luoteis-Lappi newspaper, which will be delivered to every home on the 26th of March.
More information from: Mayor Kristiina Tikkala 044 374 4344