Kolari municipality release 17.3
Kolari municipality release 17.3
The Finnish government has announced, in cooperation with the President of the Republic, that there is a state of emergency in the country. In a statement given on 16 March 2020, the government decided on additional measures to adress the coronavirus outbreak in Finland. The aim of the measures is to protect the population and to safeguard the functioning of the society and the economy. These measures will be upheld an enforced until 13 April 2020.
The Kolari Municipality management team has updated guidelines for the population in our area on 17 March 2020 and they are the following:
Kolari Municipality will be closing facilities and/or cancelling the following activities beginning from 18 March 2020:
• Daily group activities for seniors
• Activity centre for the handicapped
• Workshop and metallic waste recycling center
• Library and the touring library bus
• Municipality operated sport facilities, not including the cross-country ski tracks and outdoor ice rinks (Kolari and Äkäslompolo)
• All courses at the adult education center
• Municipality town hall will be closed for visitors, communication through email and telephone only. Customer service is open between 9am and 3pm. tel. 0400 10 70 70
• All activities arranged by the sports department and cultural department
• All activities taking place at the Pappilantie clubhouse are suspended for the time being. Including distribution of surplus food.
Visiting people that are concidered high risk for contagion at the assisted living facilities of Tanna, Kotikontu and the healthcare centre for any other than very important reasons.
Assisted home living services and all other services to the elderly will continue without changes.
If you need assistance with shopping for groceries or you have needs from the pharmacy, please don’t hesitate to contact Eeva-Liisa Lompolojärvi tel. 040 768 0369
Contacting Kolari Municipality’s healthcare centre during the pandemic:
• In case of an emergency, call 112
• Always call before coming to the healtcare centre reception
• In matters concerning the coronavirus, call before coming to the reception. If possible, try to contact the healthcare centre during business hours, so that the telephone lines won’t get jammed and endager the people needing immidiate assistance.
• You can also contact the Kolari Municipality’s healthcare centre via telecommunicating and www.virtu.fi when it suits you best. We will respond to your message in 1-2 hours if the message has been sent to us before 2.30pm.
• We will try our best to give you service through telecommunicating or telephone, and by doing so avoiding unnecessary visits to the healthcare centre.
• You can also call your appointed district nurse during business hours, calls and messages that come in before 2.30pm will be ansvered during the same day.
• Northern part of the municipality tel. 040 708 7625
• Town center tel. 040 708 7985
• Southern part of the municipality tel. 040 708 9179
• Outlier tel. 040 489 5090
• Standby nurse tel. 040 489 5090
• You can also get information concerning your health and answers to your non urgent questions from the newly opened omaolo-service. By using this service you can reduce the stress put on our healthcare centre reception. www.omaolo.fi
Per the Governements instructions, we advice that all public gatherings are to be cancelled and to avoid crowded areas. This also includes the activities hosted by organizations, churches and associations.
Schools and early childhood education:
All schools in the Kolari Municipality area will close on 18 March 2020 and the students will proceed to study through telecommunication. As an exception, however, pre-primary education organised in schools and contact teaching for grades 1–3 will continue for the children of parents working in sectors critical to the functioning of society. The schools will inform parents through the Wilma-application.
The Kolari Municipality management group is actively monitoring the situation and will follow the information given out by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare THL, the Lapland Hospital District and the Finnish government.
The department of emergency services and the Kolari Municipality management group have established a channel on 17 March 2020 for direct commincation concerning the coronavirus situation.
The Kolari Municipality’s management group will meet every day at 9am by telecommunicating to monitor the situation starting on Tuesday 17 March 2020.
More information from: Mayor Kristiina Tikkala 044 374 4344